Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wipe them out...all of them.

I have two pet peeves (aside from the obvious like people mistreating other people and such):

1. When people talk during movies. Sometimes, with friends, I watch a movie just to hang out, and then they can make all the comments they want, but most of the time I watch a movie to watch a movie, not to have a conversation with someone or listen to their commentary on it, however limited.

2. When people bend book covers. Bending the cover of a book is like abusing your dog, only you can't get in trouble for it (unless it belongs to me, and then your borrowing privileges will be revoked). There is a fine art to holding a paperback so that the cover doesn't pop open when you set it down. Everyone should learn it.

Just wanted to get that off my chest ;)

I changed the sounds my computer makes. When I log on, Darth Vader asks, "What is thy bidding, my master?"

When I empty the recycle bin, Darth Sidius says, "Wipe them out...all of them."

When I log off, shut down, or disconnect a device (such as my camera or flash drive), C-3PO says, "Sir, if you'll not be needing me, I'll close down for a while."

When I get a program error message, Luke says, "What a piece of junk!"

I replaced several beeps and dings with R2-D2 noises.

Not long after I changed them, I emptied the recycle bin and Darth Sidius made his comment. Having entirely forgotten about it for the moment, I was a little disconcerted.

In that vein, back on May 25th, which is Geek/Nerd Pride Day (Seriously. It has a Wikipedia page), I made a Stargate cake.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So Cake Decorator's not on my list of Possible Future Occupations, but it was fun.

A note on coloring one's hair with a sharpie: You may wake up to find your pillow case is now the color you used.

I wrote all that this afternoon/evening, and then finished reading Boneman's Daughters. It can best be described as intense. I might write a review on it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. "Not long after I changed them, I emptied the recycle bin and Darth Sidius made his comment. Having entirely forgotten about it for the moment, I was a little disconcerted."

    I laughed out loud. I can totally relate to being suddenly frighted by my own device(s).

    ReplyDelete